Subscribe to My Newsletter
Sign up here to join my monthly newsletter.
My emails include tips about how to recognize beauty in the brokenness of your story.
Follow me on social media
Recent Posts from My Blog
- Carole’s Story: Love of Art, Art of LoveI pulled into the driveway across from Hoover reservoir on a rainy April morning. The road was jammed with people coming to watch the regatta. Carole Bucklew welcomed me into her home and down the steps to her studio. While she was getting us coffee, I looked at the pegboard on the studio wall where… Read More »Carole’s Story: Love of Art, Art of Love
- Success Addiction Makes Aging HarderFor the last ten years or so, instead of cultivating admirers, I’ve been quietly investing hours and hours in two friendships.
- The Good News about “Crystallized Intelligence” for Those Over 50Arthur Brooks tells us “decline is unavoidable. But aging isn’t all bad news. There are some specific ways in which we naturally get smarter and more skillful.”
- A New Kind of Strengh for Those Over 50Brooks found that “people who strive to be excellent at what they do often wind up finding their inevitable decline terrifying, their successes increasingly unsatisfying.”
- Scenes from My Story #4: Earliest MemoriesA growing sense of absence followed Dad’s fall. I was on my own. There was no hand to hold me.