Subscribe to My Newsletter
Sign up here to join my monthly newsletter.
My emails include tips about how to recognize beauty in the brokenness of your story.
Follow me on social media
Recent Posts from My Blog
- Sanctuary Ridge #9A Mile Wide and an Inch Deep (Early May 2019) They walked briskly from the gallery. Carrie opened the rear hatch of her black Explorer, and Jacob put his pack in. Then, still perplexed about his grimy appearance, she asked, “Don’t you want to change out of that dirty shirt, maybe rinse off?” He tapped… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge #9
- Sanctuary Ridge #8Go to Episode #9 Jacob’s Exile (Early May 2019) After walking back to Milago from the realtor, Jacob packed his equipment and drove east from El Portal. The rolling, tree-covered hills gave way to a dramatic carved terrain of gray igneous folds and pinnacles. He rolled down his window to hear the thundering Merced, almost… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge #8
- Sanctuary Ridge #7Jacob in Eden (Early May 2019) Three weeks before he was wrestled to the ground at Sanctuary Ridge, Jacob Peterson was in California, above the rim of a glaciated granite valley at the golden hour before sunset. Weighed down with a black bag full of camera gear, he was chasing light. It was the final… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge #7
- Sanctuary Ridge Stories #6Kalanta (2019) Rebecca pulled out her phone and snapped a picture of the letter. Maybe she could get someone to decipher it. At the same time, she was not sure she should know its contents. Leaving the paneled living room, she went up the stairs, looking at the gallery of family pictures on each wall:… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge Stories #6
- Sanctuary Ridge Stories #5A New Season (Spring 2019) “Thanks for your honesty, Doc,” he said. “I guess running and lifting only goes so far.” David Peterson was a fit-looking and muscular man, six-four, and handsome even as he approached eighty. He’d been bald for decades, but he sported a mostly white mustache with a touch of light brown… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge Stories #5