Subscribe to My Newsletter
Sign up here to join my monthly newsletter.
My emails include tips about how to recognize beauty in the brokenness of your story.
Follow me on social media
Recent Posts from My Blog
- Sanctuary Ridge Part II Episode 1Go to the previous episode His father’s call for peace made it hard for Jacob to keep the memories of his departure suppressed. Staying on the move through the landscapes of the west was an effective distraction. Ten years ago, on a cold and windy night on Sanctuary Ridge, he stood in the light of… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge Part II Episode 1
- The Story Behind Sanctuary RidgeIn this segment, I discuss the themes I’m exploring in my fiction series. This is just video at this point–no text. It’s meant to be informal and a bit off the cuff. I may try to transcribe it at some point.
- Sanctuary Ridge #12Misled (Late May 2019) The call from Scarlett filled Jacob with considerably more dread than he already had. So, he avoided walking through the door of his father’s house a while longer by walking out to the old path of Sanctuary Ridge that once enchanted him as a boy. Memories were triggered about those years… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge #12
- Sanctuary Ridge #11Jacob at the Doorstep (Late May 2019) Jacob left the campground east of Santa Fe around noon. He’d been sober a day but had trouble sleeping the night before. He drove nearly non-stop for the next 36 hours, stopping for gas and brief naps. In Oklahoma, the transition from arid to humid triggered irritation in… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge #11
- Sanctuary Ridge #10This episode has been split into two videos, #10A and #10B. The text is all one piece below the 10B video. The Sanctuary is Veiled (Late May 2019) Back on Sanctuary Ridge, David Peterson and Homer Bardly sat out on the red brick patio on blue Adirondack chairs. From there, where the level ground dropped… Read More »Sanctuary Ridge #10